What kind of shop or structure best fits your needs?
Whether you’re thinking about a post frame building or a grade beam building, Pruvan Construction utilizes industry leading processes and quality materials to optimize structural integrity and longevity. We listen to your needs and wants then incorporate them into your shop’s design.
To help you better understand the benefits of post frame construction and grade beam construction, we have provided some information below to get you familiar with post frame and grade beam construction.
Post Frame Construction
Post frame construction is an engineered wood-frame building system that utilizes vertical wooden posts set in the ground atop a concrete plug. Posts are set in at holes (16’’ or greater in diameter) drilled below the frost line (8’), bedded on crushed ¾ inch rock to promote water drainage, and then secured all around by more rock.
Posts are connected horizontally with 2’’x6’’ purlins and a double 2’x12’ box header on top. Engineered trusses finish off the roof, connected with 2’’x6’’ strapping and purlins.
The flexibility and adaptability of post frame construction delivers an attractive and functional shop that can be built to your unique specifications. Now the construction method of choice for many agricultural, residential and industrial projects, post frame construction is an efficient and economical option for people everywhere.
Benefits of Post Frame Construction
- Economical and maintenance-free building solution
- Requires less site preparation and can be built on uneven ground
- Can be built to fit most height and width requirements
- Structures can be built in a very short timeframe
- Can be framed to look like a conventional building
- Structurally built to withstand heavy winds and weather
- Easy to insulate which lowers heating and cooling costs
- Adaptable to many building styles and preferences
- No concrete pad required, saving up to 15% on construction costs
Grade Beam Construction
A grade beam foundation consists of a reinforced concrete beam that distributes the load from a bearing wall into spaced foundations such as pile caps or caissons.
Above ground, the structure is normally built using stick-framing. Stick-framing is a more traditional way of framing a home. Frames are build on site while trusses are pre-engineered for enhanced structural safety.
Grade beam foundations are most often utilized when the surface soil’s load-bearing capacity is less than the anticipated loads. Stick-framing on a grade beam foundation is an excellent alternative to post frame construction when conditions don’t favour the more cost-effective post frame structure or when you’re looking for a structure that will truly stand the test of time.
Benefits of Grade Beam Construction
- Concrete is virtually indestructible – it will last for generations
- Cost-effective & non-invasive compared to other forms of construction
- Foundation requires less excavation work, saving time and money
- Prevents moisture from getting into your walls and insulation
- Better building choice for those who routinely wash equipment
- Flexibility of grade beam means structure is easily formed to any shape and size
Metal Roofing and Siding
We rely on Canadian companies to supply us with quality metal roofing and siding products. By sourcing locally, we are able to get the supplies we need to finish your project on time and on budget. Metal is an excellent choice for your roofing and siding needs. Virtually maintenance free, metal is easy to install, lasts longer than most conventional methods of construction, and can be installed on virtually any type of building.
Through our distributors, we offer a large variety of colours to choose from, including galvalume. All of the coloured products come with a warrant that ensures the longevity and beauty of your metal roofing and siding.
To get a better idea of how your shop will look in different exterior colour finishes, visit the METAL EXPERT’s Digital Design Centre.
Standard Colours from Metal Experts
Contemporary Colours from Metal Experts